Delgra has been found to be well tolerated without important side effects. The reported side effects are usually mild and include nasal congestion, headache, flushing, nausea, dyspepsia (stomach discomfort), diarrhea, and abnormal vision (seeing a bluish hue or brightness).
When Delgra is given to patients who are taking nitrates it can cause hypotension.Therefore patients taking nitrates daily should not take Delgra. Don't take Delgra with nitroglycerine tablets, patches, ointments, sprays, and pastes, as well as isosorbide mononitrate & isosorbide dinitrate. Don't take Delgra with amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate. Don't take Delgra with poppers.
Delgra should be used cautiously in men on alpha-blockers such as doxazosin, terazosin and tamsulosin. There have been occasional incidence of low blood pressure in men who have taken the two classes of drugs simultaneously and therefore it is recommended that there be at least a gap of 4 to 6 hours between the ingestion of Delgra and alpha-blockers.
There have been rare cases of priapism (prolonged and painful erections lasting more than 6 hours) with the use of Delgra especially when Delgra is used in combination with injection of medicines into the corpora cavernosa or intraurethral suppositories. There is a higher risk of priapism in patients with blood cell disease like leukemia, sickle cell anemia and multiple myeloma. Untreated priapism can cause injury to the penis and lead to permanent impotence. Delgra should not be used in combination with corpora cavernosa injections and intraurethral suppositories . If there is prolonged erection which lasts longer than 4 hours then immediate medical assistance should be obtained.
Drug Interactions of Delgra
Do not take Delgra if you are taking a nitrates such as isosorbide dinitrate or nitroglycerin for heart problems as the interaction with Delgra can cause a sudden and dangerous drop in blood pressure.Some recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or nitrite ("poppers") also contain nitrates.
Blood pressure can drop when Delgra is taken with alpha-blockers.
Never take Delgra if you are taking other drugs for erectile dysfunction such as Sai Avana, Tadadel or Lovevitra.
Delgra cannot be taken with the following drugs:
- Delgra cannot be taken with Antibiotics such as Clarithromycin and Erythromycin
- Delgra cannot be taken with Antifungal medications like Fluconazole and Itraconazole
- Delgra cannot be taken with Bosentan
- Delgra cannot be taken with Imatinib
- Delgra cannot be taken St. John's wort
- Delgra cannot be taken with Nefazodone
- Delgra cannot be administered with Hepatitis C medications like Boceprevir
- Delgra cannot be administered with Seizure medications like Carbamazepine and Fosphenytoin.
- Delgra cannot be administered with Tuberculosis medications like Isoniazid.
- Delgra cannot be taken with Cimetidine
- Delgra cannot be taken with Blood pressure medications like Amlodipine & Amiodarone.
- Delgra cannot be taken with HIV/AIDS medications like Ritonavir , Amprenavir & Atazanavir
Delgra can be taken with or without food. When Delgra is taken with a high fat meal it will take longer to act?
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil Citrate please don't take Delgra.
- If you have heart problems such as heart attack or life threatening irregular heart beat the last six months,chest pain,agina and heart failure then please donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t take Delgra.
- If you had stroke in the last six months then donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t take Delgra.
- Don't take Delgra if you have any Kidney disease.
- Don't take Delgra if you have liver disease.
- Don't take Delgra if you have severe dehydration or loss of body water.
- Don't take Delgra if you have penis disorders like Angulation,Fibrosis/Scaring and Pyronie's Disease.
- Don't take Delgra if you have a history of painful and prolonged Erections called as Priapism.Conditions such as Sickle Cell Anemia, Leukemia and Multiple Myeloma may increase the risk of Priaprism.
- Don't take Delgra if you have any eye conditions like Retinitis Pigmentosa.
Delgra should be stored in a cool and dry place away from heat, moisture and light.Delgra should also be kept away from children's and pets.